USD slips from highs (USDIndex 104.00), Stocks closed higher (NASDAQ +1.62%) Yields slipped again (-1.66%) after no new news from Powell. Asian shares stronger (Hang Seng +2.24%, Nikkei +1.23%) Oil holds at lows, Gold dipped & BTC picked up. Ukraine gained EU candidacy status. UK PM Johnson’s Conservatives lost the two by-elections, triggering resignation of Party Chairman Dowden. European Futs +1.0%. USDJPY cooled further as NZD & AUD outperformed in Asian session.
- USDIndex tested 104.50 yesterday before slipping back to 104.00 now.
- Equities – USA500 closed +35 (3795), US500FUTS higher at 3824 now.
- Yields 10-year yield lower, closed down at 3.133% , trades at 3.018% now.
- Oil & Gold had mixed sessions – USOil rallied to $106.80 before slipping back to $104.50 now. Gold spiked to $1845 again but trades at $1822 now on weaker Yields and USD.
- Bitcoin continues to pivot around $20K, trades at $20.7k now from a test of 21k.
- FX Markets – EURUSD tested 1.0500 yesterday now back to 1.0536, USDJPY cooled again to 134.60 now. Cable trades at 1.2270 now, from lows at 1.2170 yesterday, despite by-election results and weak Retail Sales data, UK recession risks are stacking up.
Overnight – Japanese Core CPI inline & unchanged (2.1%) SPPI hotter (1.8%) UK Retail Sales a tick better than expected (-0.5% vs -0.6%) but down significantly from 1.4% last month.
Today – German Ifo, US New Home Sales, Speeches from Fed’s Bullard & Daly, ECB’s de Cos, BoE’s Pill,
Biggest FX Mover @ (06:30 GMT) NZDUSD (+0.49%). NZD out performed today. Rallied from 0.62500 test yesterday to 0.6300 now and a key resistance. MAs aligning higher, MACD histogram positive & rising, RSI 56.58 & rising, H1 ATR 0.00127, Daily ATR 0.00843.