First Solar designs and manufactures solar photovoltaic panels, modules, and systems for use in utility-scale development projects. The company’s solar modules use cadmium telluride to convert sunlight into electricity. This is commonly called thin-film technology. First Solar is the world’s largest thin-film solar module manufacturer. It has production lines in Vietnam, Malaysia, the United States, and a new factory under construction in India.
- Company Name: First Solar, Inc.
- Country/Region: United States
- ISIN: US3364331070
- Listing Date: November 17, 2006
- Industry: Information Technology / Semiconductors / Stocks
- Useful Links: History | News | Dividends | Earnings | Forecast