Roper is a diversified technology company that operates through three segments: application software; network software and systems; and technology enabled products. The firm’s culture emphasizes acquiring asset-light, cash-generative businesses. Roper then reinvests this excess cash in businesses that yield incrementally higher rates of return. While the businesses are managed in a decentralized manner, Roper does not passively manage its portfolio. Instead, Roper manages its businesses through the Socratic method and empowers decision-makers through group executive coaching. Roper has now rotated a clear majority of its business from legacy industrial products into technology software in mature, niche markets with large quantities of deferred revenue.
- Company Name: Roper Technologies, Inc.
- Country/Region: United States
- ISIN: US7766961061
- Listing Date: February 12, 1992
- Industry: Information Technology / Software & Services
- Useful Links: History | News | Dividends | Earnings | Forecast