Caterpillar is an iconic manufacturer of heavy equipment, power solutions, and locomotives. It is currently the world’s largest manufacturer of heavy equipment with over 13% market share in 2021. The company is divided into four reportable segments: construction industries, resource industries, energy and transportation, and Caterpillar Financial Services. Its products are available through a dealer network that covers the globe with about 2,700 branches maintained by 160 dealers. Caterpillar Financial Services provides retail financing for machinery and engines to its customers, in addition to wholesale financing for dealers, which increases the likelihood of Caterpillar product sales.
- Company Name: Caterpillar Inc.
- Country/Region: United States
- ISIN: US1491231015
- Listing Date: December 2, 1929
- Industry: Industrials / Machinery
- Useful Links: History | News | Dividends | Earnings | Forecast